I am glad that September is finally coming to a close. This month has been full of stressful, unavoidable activities such as moving house, business travel, local book fairs, painting my new room, trashing old junk (mostly papers with no significance whatsoever), sorting clothes, cleaning various homes and bits... the list could be endless. But finally it is almost time to take a breather.
Tomorrow I have to clean up the last bits of dust and straggles of things that haven't yet been carted away to their new home (or the trash bin). Then I will have the majority of the day to do things like buy groceries (oh vegetables, I have missed you) and finally put away some of my clothes and clear away the piles and piles (and piles) of boxes that are currently filling the living room.
Just now I had a revelation and placed my silly little lamp in the corner on a funny little yellow nightstand behind the chair in the living room and, honestly, it is absolutely wonderful there. I am tired from all this coming and going and lifting and heaving and paint-rollering and sweeping and scrubbing, but it feels really great to have a house and a roommate to make random comments to and a quiet porch to sit in and a tiny quiet street of beautiful lawns and cute houses. I am tired and still have a long way to go toward being organized and settled, but things are looking up and autumn is settling in and I'm ready for a new winter.
I'm rambling. I think I'll order some Chinese food from Ming's and settle in for a bit of knitting before bed.
Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment