Thursday, June 3, 2010

365.153 Upland Brewery


7-beer sampler (which I finished entirely by myself, impressing several of the regulars sitting at the bar), and a delicious plate of apple balsamic country-fried seitan, roasted potatoes and asparagus. It was delicious, but I was way too full by the end of it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! Both beer and food look excellent. Was it good beer?

Rebekka P said...

Yes! They were all good, even the wheat, which is totally not my thing at all. It was only lightly banana-y, so I forgave it for being a wheat beer. My favorite I think was the Ard Ri (a barleywine, I think), but if I had to choose one for a nice-and-easy drink, I'd go with the amber or the maibock. Maybe the maibock was better than the amber. I have them all tagged in another picture on flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bekkap/4667956392/) though I think I might have mis-tagged one or two... (Can you tell that being at this conference is a lonely experience? I'm super chatty today!)

Unknown said...

I like a good maibock! Surprised you liked the barleywine so much though! I'd probably like that double IPA...

You should write a review for RocBeer.com. Randy did reviews of CT breweries when he was there, so it'd fly! And you apparently have time. :)