Friday, February 17, 2012

Vertically Inclined


I went climbing at Vertically Inclined where I was obliged to dangle from a rope high above the ground and cling precariously to slippery hand- and footholds while my arms and hands cramped in fatigue. That being said, I really enjoyed it and might like to pursue climbing more in the future. Here you can see me nearly (but not quite) succeeding at finishing the second half of a climbing challenge. The hand- and footholds are marked such that you can only use certain ones for certain challenges, meaning you have to figure out how to get from one point to another, all the while getting tired out from clinging to the wall. Completing the challenge would have meant getting both hands on that top hold. I fell off about a second after this photo was taken while trying to move my right hand up to meet my left.


These are the shoes you have to wear in order to climb.


And here's a shot of the main room of the climbing environment.

No comments: